Tel Yehudah offers an array of experiences and adventures that take our campers out of camp and across the Eastern Seaboard from Washington, DC to Niagara Falls!
Overnight Nature Site (Machaneh Gimmel)
Campers will spend a night hiking through our 80-acre wilderness and outdoor camping sight to to explore nature first-hand, learn about environmental issues, set up camp, cook their own food, enjoy the campfire and bond as a group over a communal bonfire.
Rafting on the Delaware River
Camp Tel Yehudah is located directly on the Northern/Eastern bank of the Delaware River, separating New York and Pennsylvania. Campers will spend either a half or full day rafting in teams down a scenic stretch of one of the Eastern Seaboard’s most significant sources of water and ecological diversity!
Alumim Road Trip
During Bloc 2, teens in our Alumim program travel through Upstate New York on a 4 day trip culminating at Niagara Falls.
- Go on a boat voyage with the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls
- Hike and camp out overnight under the stars in scenic New York State parks
- Visit the historic Woodstock site and museum
During Bloc 2, teens in Yachad will have the choice between five different four-day trips which include biking around upstate New York, backpacking through Harriman State Park, kayaking down the Delaware River, and exploring the Jewish experience in New York City. (Trips are subject to change.)
Learn more about the Yachad Expedition options!
Hadracha DC Activism Mission
During Bloc 2, teens in Hadracha will embark on a 4 day trip to Washington, DC to see the sights and sounds of our nation’s capital, live in a college dormitory, and learn about today’s most pressing issues through direct dialogue with the US Congress, advocacy organizations and Young Judaea alumni on the forefront of US policy.
The DC Activism Mission sends our teens to Washington, DC to rub elbows and ask the hard questions with our nation’s leaders in Congress, government agencies and at leading global and national advocacy organizations. Teens will have a customized itinerary based on their “tikun team” issue and leadership studio issue, all while seeing the sights and sounds of our nation’s capital and getting a taste of college life in a dormitory! Some of the DC Activism Misison’s highlights include:
- Meet in person with the office of at least two US Senators or House Representatives
- Visit 2-3 leading advocacy non-governmental organizations related to your issue
- Get a taste of college by staying at a George Washington University dormitory
- Tour the sights and sounds of the National Mall and other parts of DC
- Travel around the district with your “Tikun Team” and staff by MTA (subway)
- Visit the US Holocaust Museum and other Museums on the National Mall
- Learn from accomplished Tel Yehudah alumni on our annual “YJ Alumni Panel on Political Activism”
Learn more about the Hadracha DC Activism Mission!