Our Hadracha Social Activism Institute is the premiere social activism and leadership training program for Jewish teens today.
Full Session -Hadracha
|Dates||Grade in Fall 2024||Tuition||Early Bird Tuition (before October 6th)|
|June 26 - July 23||11||$6,525||$6,225|
*Please note that there is an additional $250 trip fee for the four-day trip to Washington DC during the third week of camp.
**Visit Rates and Dates for additional information Tuition and Discounts.
The Hadracha Experience
Join us for Tel Yehudah’s pinnacle summer, Hadracha! In Hadracha, we encourage you to explore, experience and act in different areas of your choosing. Through our “build-your-own” summer options, like Tracks and Tikun Groups, you will have the opportunity to design your day with multiple focuses in mind. Tracks like arts, sports, peer leadership and more allow you to find an area of interest for you to dive deeper with. Tikun Groups (social-action focused groups) focus on challenges we are currently facing today like climate change, human trafficking, gun safety, race relations, and more. And of course we also know we can’t forget the BEST traditional camp experiences like: activities with your bunk, rikud (Israeli dance), special days in camp, time to just chill with your friends, and campwide events! Oh and did we mention the chance to be a Maccabia CAPTAIN?!
Join the Tel Yehudah and Young Judaea activism tradition. Join us this summer!
Hadracha teens will:
- Choose which of today’s most important issues you care most about and over the course of the summer explore that issue and develop an activism action plan with other teens.
- Gain practical skills by taking part in one of our “Tracks,” a series of workshops for teens to focus on a specific skill set (art, social outreach, sports, etc.)
- Put into practice what they have learned about in the weeks (or days) leading up to the Washington, DC four day trip
- Organize and lead our all camp Maccabia
This is what a “day in the life” of Hadracha might look like:
|8:00am||Boker Tov (Wake-Up)|
|8:45-8:55am||Mifkad Boker (Flag Raising)||Greet the day by raising the flags with the rest of camp and our Tsofim (Israeli scouts)|
|9:00-9:30am||Aruchat Boker (Breakfast)||Sit with your bunk to start the morning together over a hot, fresh and delicious breakfast|
|9:40-10:20am||T’fillot (Morning Prayers)/Alternative T'fillot||You will partake in a meaningful camp-wide prayer activity led by staff and teens|
|10:30-10:50am||Nikayon B’Tsrif (Bunk cleaning)||Check your bunk's work-wheel and see what your cleaning assignment is for today and get to work to keep that bunk spiffy!|
|11:00-12:00pm||Visit Specialty Area||Teens from your chug can either visit Omanut (Arts and Crafts) or Drama|
|12:10am-1:10pm||Peulah: Contemporary Israeli comedy||Your staff has prepared an informal and fun educational activity to help you learn about Israel today through comedy|
|1:20-2:05pm||Aruchat Tsohorayim (Lunch)||Come for the delicious, healthy and kosher meal; stay for the Shira (singing) or Rikud (dancing) session in the Chadar Ochel (dining hall)!|
|2:15-3:05pm||Zman Bechira (Elective Period)||You can choose from a variety of recreational activities ranging from team sport activities, video-making, jam band, arts & crafts, Israeli dance, etc.|
|3:10-5:00pm||Chofesh (Open Choice Activities)||You can choose activities and spend time with friends under general staff supervision. Specialty areas, including the pool, are open during this time to offer special options, so you can enjoy more of the activities you love!|
|5:10-6:10pm||Tracks||An opportunity to dive into an area of your choosing like sports, arts, peer-leadership and more|
|6:20-7:20pm||Bunk Time: Low Ropes Course||Your bunk is heading to the low ropes course for bonding and team building|
|7:30-8:30pm||Aruchat Erev (Dinner)||Sit with your friends in other chugim and enjoy a themed camp-wide dinner|
|8:35-8:45pm||Sikkum Yom (Daily Check in)||You will check in with your bunk staff to review the day, experiences, etc.|
|9:00-10:15pm||Peulat Erev (Night Activity)||What's your “fun” group, evening activity tonight? Your chug is having a Mediterranean themed pool and dance party under the stars!|
|10:30-11:15pm||Peulat Laila Tov (In-Bunk nightly activity)||End the evening with this nightly activity to bond with your bunkmates and wind down before heading to bed|
|11:15pm||Laila Tov (Lights Out)||You've had a long, fun day and you need your sleep to get ready to do it again tomorrow!|
- Bloc 1: Explore – we will discover so many things: new communities, the Delaware river, peer leadership, sports, social action, arts, outdoors, Israel and more. The world is our (kosher) oyster. Some special highlights include: Gimel – our on-site overnight camping experience, Maccabia, and more!
- Bloc 2: Experience – we will push ourselves to go out into the world and try as much as we can! Through special out-of-camp trips you will put into practice what you have learned about in the weeks (or days) leading up to the Washington, DC four day trip
- Bloc 3: Act – we will focus on how we can enact change in camp and in our communities. Some special highlights include: Gimel – our on-site overnight camping experience, Maccabia, and more!
- Room and board within our furnished cabins
- 3 healthy, nutritious, and kosher meals a day
- $10 stipend for snacks and treats from our canteen PER BLOC
- 24/7 professional medical staff that can dispense first-aid and prescription medicines
- Dynamic and trained camp professionals
- Regular laundry service
- 24/7 on-site security services
- Transportation to/from Newark International Liberty Airport (EWR) on opening and closing days
Yes! If you are…
- Currently in 10th or 11th grade;
- Interested in social activism;
- Looking for a fun and impressive resume-building summer experience;
- Open to getting a taste of “college life” by living in a college dormitory for three days;
- Want to meet and live with Jewish teens from around the world!
JULY 24TH – AUGUST 7TH
The TY summer doesn’t end on July 23rd. Current 8th – 10th graders will have an opportunity to spend two more weeks at Tel Yehudah participating in one of our brand new specialty Merkaz programs. More information and registration coming soon.